If I have something to tell to my 20-ish self, it would be taking self love and self care seriously. Don’t get me wrong, I loved my self but not enough to be making the right choices for my body and health. Before I knew it, I’m nearly passing the calendar days and the results of my health choices have now surfaced. But hey, 31 is still kicking! It is not too late! After all, it isn’t about what I did but it’s all about what I do now to create something I couldn’t change from before.
Retinol – It sounded scary but I would have used this long back but thankfully, I now do! And because its augmented better in pair, Hyaluronic Acid comes in the picture. For some reasons, there is no better pair I know in the market other than The Inkey List Retinol and Hyaluronic Acid.
Ingredients and Claims:
– Retinol an umbrella of Vitamin A
– It reduces wrinkles and fine lines
– It increases collagen production
– This product contains Propanediol and Glycerin, they’re humectants that draw moisture to skin
– Please note that it has Dimethicone. This calms irritation and minimizes redness but its occlusive nature may cause skin irritation and allergic contact dermatitis
– Hyaluronic Acid is actually a part of our bodies! It attracts water and keeps our skin hydrated and plump (Reason why we need to hydrate or use more hydrating products to make Hyaluronic acid work even better)
– This product contains Sodium Hyaluronate which reduces inflammation, dryness, and wrinkles
– Similar to Retinol, this also has Propanediol and Glycerin that draw moisture to skin
– I used it after HA, once a week first, then twice, then now using it every other night (and sunscreen the next day)
– It felt warm at first but it does not sting ever
– Texture is thin, lightweight, and creamy
– My pores got tightened, looks smaller than before
– My skin feels better the next morning
– I’m using this at night after cleansing
– The texture is clear and gooey but it is not sticky and tacky
– It absorbs well and fast
– This is the MOST pleasant and gentle serum I have ever used
– I get an INSTANT feel of a plumper and softer skin after use and the morning next
– So good I can’t recommend enough!
What I don’t like: Sizes are too small. While I always see others tell that these are cheap, these are actually not comparative to its quantity. In my opinion, I am willing to shed some more dollars for bigger tubes of products as effective as these. The Retinol, however, does last long as a pea size goes a long way. It’s also not used often by some so I guess the Retinol size can be justified.
Both are definite BUYS! Pleased and impressed and I bet you too, will!