Hi Glow Recipe! I promise, I never believed in skincare love at first sight until I saw you. Honestly, you’re my gray area. You’re a part that I don’t need to be logical. But for the sake of information and sharing my very honest reviews, read along…
– Full size PHA + BHA toner
– 15ml Niacinamide drops
– 25ml Pink juice moisturizer
COMMON KEY INGREDIENTS of all 3 PRODUCTS
- Watermelon fruit extract – this ingredient has antioxidant, antimicrobial, and anti-ageing properties. It also claims to protect the skin from harmful UV rays.
- Glycerin – this is a hydrating agent that is naturally found in our skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid – transparent and gooey in texture, it attracts and binds water to the skin which makes it plumper.
- Gluconolactone (PHA) and Betaine Salicylate (BHA) in Toner – these are exfoliants. They can reduces acnes and hyperpigmentation since they removes the layers of the skin.
- Niacinamide – treats acne, brightens the skin, protects the skin from the sun
- Fragrances – while not all scents are harmful, these ingredients may cause mild irritation for sensitive skin
– It is very gentle for an exfoliant that I can use this daily.
– It is moderately hydrating (I use another mist for extra hydration).
– The texture is gooey, I have to wait for a while before going to my next steps.
– It’s quite tacky but it is non-greasy. It’s buildable as well.
– The smell is something I don’t prefer. It’s like the watermelon skin-kind-of-feeling.
– It is a good one, but not a game-changer for me.
– It has a pleasant texture.
– Yes, it delivers a freshly-applied highlight. It just doesn’t stay long.
– It is perfect for someone like me who’s not into makeup. Some blush is there, subtle, rosy, and dewy.
Pink Juice Moisturizer:
– It has a gel and gooey texture but it is not tacky.
– A little bit goes a long way.
– It is slightly cooling- moderately.
– It is moderately moisturizing.
– The smell is not overpowering.
What I love:
– Packaging! I cannot reiterate this! I’m sold with the pink and glass bottles.
– Value for the set is good.
– Sizes are generous (especially the toner).
What I love less:
– The scents smell artificial.
– While these products have effects, they are not transformational for me. When I need a skin TLC, these will not be my go-to.
Buy or Bye?
While Glow Recipe bottles add spark to my vanity, a repurchase of these products will depend on the situation. They definitely uplift my mood but uncertainly, they are not powerful enough for a resilient skin type like mine.