PESTLO – It is a South Korean brand that fuses ancient skincare wisdom, modern bio-technology and natural ingredients.
As part of YesStyle Influencers Program, I am grateful to try one of Pestlo’s products, the Ourecipe Oil to Foam Cleanser.
- It removes impurities and makeup without stripping the skin
- It reduces skin irritation
- It is non-sticky with refreshing finish
- It is mild, vegan, and cruelty-free
- It is hypoallergenic
- Glycerin – It is a humectant and a moisturizing agent that traps moisture that draws into the skin. It also pulls water into the skin to make it hydrated.
- Sodium Coco-Sulfate – It is made from coconut oil fatty acids that create a rich foam and cleanses the skin.
- Surfactants – These are surface-active agents that trap dirt and remove it from the skin’s surface. These compounds also create foams when mixed with water.
- Lauryl Glucoside – These are mild surfactants that enhances cleansing, foaming, and emulsifying.
- Citric Acid – This exfoliates, unclogs pores, and removes dead cells.
- Fruit and Plant extracts
- Fruit and Plant oils
- Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate – This have high cleaning power and strong foaming properties that may be potentially harsh, drying, and irritating.
- It comes in 200ml pump bottle. It is a good size and it can last over a month.
- Since it lathers well, a little goes a long way.
- It has little to no smell.
- It truly removes the dirt and light makeup. However, double cleansing is still needed for a full coverage rinse.
- It does not dry or strip my skin but it’s not hydrating, refreshing, and moisturizing enough after use.
I would give this 4/5 stars coming from an oily/resilient skin type like mine. It jells well with my skin, it is Carnation-approved although it won’t yet be part of my holy grail go-tos. This, however, may not be suitable for dry and sensitive skin type because of some sensitizing ingredients. It is still worth the try for its green content. Patch test is the key.
This retails for USD 21.17 at YesStyle.com. Use code CARNATION77 to get discounts on your bill!
*This product is gifted but reviews are genuine.
Disclaimer: Carnation Skin is not an expert nor a medical practitioner. She does not intend to treat nor diagnose any skin concerns. All posts are based on personal experiences and published for personal purposes only. Please consult professional for any skin concerns and specific recommendations.